In today’s homecooked recipe, I would like to share about this sweet sourish and spicy sauce which is deemed to be perfect as dipping sauce for any type of spring roll.
Here are what you’ll need in making the sauce :
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
* 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
* 1 tbsp crushed red chili flakes (Feel free to add more for more or less depending on your tolerance to spicy sauce)
* a pinch of salt
* 2 tbsp rice vinegar (any kind of white vinegar)
* 2 tsp tomato ketchup (optional, if you did not add it, your sauce will be less red)
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 tbsp cornstarch
* 1 tbsp water to dissolve starch
And now, this is how you will make the sauce :
1. In a small saucepan add sugar, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, red chili flakes, salt, vinegar, ketchup and water. Give it a good stir and and bring to a boil over high flame.
2. Once it’s boiling in a small bowl dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp water and add it to the boiling sauce.
3. Stir and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens up.
4. Remove from heat. And that’s it !!! Here you go.
You can either serve warm or cold and store it in the fridge for at least 1 month.
Happy trying out this recipe 🙂
(ps : no ajinamoto, or msg and any preservatives will be added into my homecooked recipe)
Here are some photo of my first time ever spring roll from my kitchen.